Child Development is the study of the physical, socioemotional, and cognitive growth and development of the child from conception through adolescence. The purposes of this major are to provide a sound academic program in Child Development and prepare students to work with children and families in a variety of school and community settings.
First Class Pre-K at C.A. Fredd Campus
- Information Packet
- Registration – Online applications for lottery drawing will be accepted until March 10, 2021.
- For more information, contact Holly Glasgow at 205.391.2648 or email@example.com.
- Associate in Applied Science (Make A Plan)
- Certificate (Make A Plan)
- Short-term Certificate (Make A Plan)
What can I earn?
The national average for annual earnings is $19,700 and the hourly earnings is $9.48. The top 10% annual earnings is $30,100 and the hourly earnings is $14.46.
Employment of preschool teachers is projected to grow 7 percent from 2014 to 2024, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Growth is expected due to a continued focus on the importance of early childhood education.