The Truck Driving program has a new look at Shelton State. If you have considered becoming a Class A or Class B driver, this is a new opportunity for you. Our new flexible options may allow those who have been unable to attend and new opportunity to attend and complete this training.
Shelton State Community College has partnered with ACCS (Alabama Community College System) and the Innovation Center to streamline the process of becoming a CDL holder. Part I will allow students to complete the Classroom Portion Online at their own pace without attending a normal classroom.
Upon successful completion of Part I, students will be placed on que to complete Part II. Part II consists of the “in seat” portion of the class. Students will learn hands on driving instruction at Shelton State to prepare them for the Department of Transportation’s Road Test.
Upon successful completion of the program’s course and passing the Department of Transportation (DOT) Road Test, the student will receive an operator’s license from the Alabama Department of Public Safety and a certificate of completion from Shelton State Community College. Registration is continuous and on a first come first serve basis.
2023 Courses and Dates
Online Theory Class Times
Open Enrollment- Can be started at any time
Monday – Thursday
In Seat Class Times
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
SSCC Martin Campus
- Current class “D” driver license with no serious driving violations
- 18 years of age or older for Tractor-Trailer Driver Training
- DOT physical acquired at the facility of your choice
- DOT drug screen within two weeks prior to start of class acquired at the facility of your choice
- Current moving violations report acquired at the State Troopers Office
- Current Class “A” CDL Learner’s Permit acquired at the State Troopers Office (Permit is required two weeks prior to the start date.)
|Physical and Drug Screen||$100.00 (Approximately)|
|Moving Violation Report||$6.00 (Approximately)|
|Retake any portion of Permit Exam||$15.00|
|Purchase of Permit||$36.25|