What is the SSCC Dual Enrollment Student Ambassador Program?
Shelton State Dual Enrollment Student Ambassadors serve as positive role models for new, current, and prospective students. They are exemplary leaders who will support recruitment and enrollment for the College, promote student engagement, increase awareness of College services and programs, foster pride in the Shelton State community, and act as liaisons between Shelton State and their current high school.
What is the mission of the SSCC Dual Enrollment Student Ambassador Program?
Shelton State Community College considers all students instrumental in sharing the opportunities of SSCC Dual Enrollment with their peers and others. This formalized group of student ambassadors will be a critical part of sharing Shelton’s Statements and communicating their student experiences with other high school students.
What are the benefits of the program?
SSCC Dual Enrollment Student Ambassadors will develop a wide range of interpersonal skills that can benefit their academic and personal growth. Student Ambassadors can expect to enhance the following:
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Customer service
- Information technology
- Work ethic
Student Ambassadors will also be able to earn community service hours that can be used to fulfill high school and scholarship requirements. A letter of recommendation will be made available upon request at the end of the year.
Shelton State Dual Enrollment Student Ambassadors will be eligible for an Ambassador Scholarship should they choose to attend Shelton State Community College.
Responsibilities of an SSCC Dual Enrollment Student Ambassador
- Represent dual enrollment students in an ethical and professional manner
- Assist with program events at local high schools
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful dual enrollment student
- Be a student leader and provide guidance to prospective and new dual enrollment students
- Participate in a mandatory Dual Enrollment Student Ambassador training
- Commit to serve for one academic year
- Complete other related duties as needed
- Must be a high school junior (rising senior for 2022-2023 academic year)
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- A commitment of one (1) academic year
- Willingness to engage in public speaking
- A minimum of (1) one complete semester at SSCC
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
A completed application packet must include the following:
- Recommendation letter
Application deadline March 1, 2023