Academic Programs
Additional Navigation

Academic Division: Your Education at Shelton State

What do you want to study?
  • Our advisors can help you choose the direction you want to go!
  • Your degree at Shelton State will prepare you to transfer to public and private colleges and universities in Alabama and across the world. If that’s what you want to do, talk to an educational planner and check the Alabama Transfers Guide.

Students who plan to transfer, who are undecided in their program of study, or who wish to receive a two-year General Studies degree should follow the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree plan. Transfer students should also follow the information below.

  • Students who plan to transfer to an Alabama public college should obtain and follow a transfer guide from Alabama Transfers.
  • Students who plan to transfer out-of-state or to a private college not listed on Alabama Transfers, should obtain a catalog from the future college and, with the assistance of an educational planner, develop a plan of study appropriate for the accepting institution.