eLearning Tech Support and Canvas Help
It is crucial to seek help when you can’t access the campus LMS (learning management system) or you have difficulty with your computer settings or browser:
- For technical assistance, contact Canvas Premier 24/7 Support by clicking the Canvas Help button on the far left menu or call toll-free: 1.866.722.5898.
- For LMS support, please use the Help button located on the bottom left of your course.
- Please see the LMS Student Guides here, to learn more about specific Canvas functions: Canvas Student Guide.
- For local technical support, take advantage of the Shelton State HelpDesk. Through the Shelton State HelpDesk, students, faculty, staff can receive assistance on technical issues including eLearning, software, hardware, password resets, email questions, and more.
Special notes: Browsers and Mobile Devices
- The Canvas app: Available for iOS or Android: Canvas Mobile Guides.
- Google Chrome is the recommended browser for using Canvas. If you have problems opening some content, first try another browser. If you are using a mobile device, try accessing the content on a computer.
- If Flash-based content is used in this course, it won’t display on Mobile devices, especially iOS devices.
- External URLs: To open certain URLs (http vs https) you may be prompted to click on the shield icon in your browser to “allow” access to the unsecure content. Simply click on the shield and click the “allow” button when asked.
- Please note that some content may be blocked if you are using a campus computer, as SSCC computer labs do not allow opening certain types of unsecure content.
Students can access the Canvas for Students course which houses a variety of resources on how to do almost everything in Canvas. You can even subscribe to the course, so it will show up on your dashboard.