College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) gives students the opportunity to receive college credit by earning qualifying scores on any of thirty-three examinations. Through, CLEP exam, the student earns credit for knowledge acquired through independent study, prior course work, on-the-job training, professional development, cultural pursuits, or internships.
Before the CLEP Exam:
- Visit CollegeBoard to register and pay for the exam.
- Print CLEP Exam Registration Ticket.
- To schedule an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a test date. Include the word CLEP in your subject line.
On the day of the CLEP Exam:
- Bring CLEP Registration Ticket.
- Bring one form of picture ID; a complete list of acceptable IDs is available on the CLEP website.
- Pay the $20 administrative proctoring fee must be paid at the Cashier’s Office on the Martin Campus. Students will receive receipt from the Cashier’s Office.
- Bring a receipt to the SSCC Testing Center.
- To schedule a CLEP exam, please email the Testing and Assessment Center at email@example.com. Please include the word CLEP in the subject ling.
- Before registering for the CLEP exam, students should consult their academic/technical advisor and/or the transcript analyst at the college they are enrolled for specific information on how the successful completion of a CLEP examination applies to their degree program. At SSCC the transcript analyst is located in the Enrollment Services Office.
- Any active duty or retired military personnel should visit DANTES-Funded CLEP Exams before registering for a CLEP Exam.
- CLEP Registration Tickets are valid six months from the date of purchase but are non-refundable after expiration.
- Proctoring fees are non-refundable. A refund may be issued only if SSCC had to close for operation on your test date.
- Retesting is allowed after three months from the original test date. To register and pay the CLEP exam fee for retesting, visit the CLEP website. Students will also pay the $30 proctoring fee at the SSCC Cashier’s Office on the Martin Campus.
- Special accommodations require advance approval and must be requested by clicking here: special accommodation request.
- Registration closes twenty-four hours prior to the test date and time.
- For a detailed list of CLEP Exam SSCC course equivalents, click here.
- Official results are mailed from CLEP directly to the institution indicated at the time of test registration. You will receive an unofficial score report immediately upon completion of your CLEP exam.
For more information, please contact the Testing and Assessment office at 205.391.2962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.