International Special Groups
Additional Navigation

International Student Application Deadlines

Term Deadline Orientation
Fall 2024 August 2, 2024, at 12:00 p.m. August 16, 2024, at 10:00 a.m.
Spring 2025 December 13, 2024, at 12:00 p.m. January 10, 2025, at 10:00 a.m.

Transient Students

International transient students are international students who are currently studying at another college or university and would like to take classes at Shelton State Community College for the purpose of transferring credit back to their home college or university.

International transient students must maintain the recommended hours required by their home institution while in transient status with Shelton State Community College.

To Apply
  • Submit Shelton State application online.
  • Submit a transient letter listing specific approved courses for the appropriate term.

Note: Transient students are not eligible for federal financial aid.

If you have questions regarding admission to the College, please email or text 205.528.4301.

Specialty Work Visas

Several visa classifications of non-immigrants and their dependents are permitted to study while in the United States. Specialty Work Visas could include the following:

  • H1-B or H-4
  • E1 or E2
  • L1 or L2

Upon turning 21 years of age, all dependent children of E-1 visa holders must file a change of status to an F-1 student visa.

To Apply
  • Submit Shelton State application online.
  • Schedule and take the College placement test online.
    • If available, ACT/SAT scores should be submitted to International Student Services before taking the College placement test.
  • Submit a current and valid copy of your visa and passport.
    • If the student is married to the primary visa holder, a copy of the spouse’s passport and visa is also needed.
    • If the student is a dependent (child of the primary visa holder), a copy of the employed parent’s passport and visa is also needed.
  • Submit a letter from the employer stating the employee’s name and length of employment.
    • The letter must be on official company letterhead and signed.
  • Submit official transcripts from secondary school (high school) completion.
    • High school transcripts are required to be evaluated and translated into English if graduated from outside of the United States. If you are from an English-speaking country or region, and your transcripts are already in English, they still must be evaluated for U.S. High School Equivalency.
    • The following evaluation companies translate and evaluate high school and college documents:
  • Submit the Immunization Form documenting medical health history and proof of vaccination.