Students Entering Shelton State Community College for the First Time
Students may enter at the beginning of each semester. Students should submit an application several weeks in advance of the term they wish to enroll.
Students entering Shelton State Community College may be admitted by satisfying the following requirements in one of the following classifications:
- High school graduates who have never attended college should request that the high school send an official transcript, with a graduation date posted directly to Enrollment Services, Box 190, Shelton State Community College, 9500 Old Greensboro Road, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405. Transcripts should only be sent after the student officially graduates from high school. Click the following link for admission requirements for first-time college students.
- Applicants who hold the General Educational Development (GED) must have an official GED transcript sent directly to Enrollment Services from the test site or the Alabama State Department of Education. Click the following link for admission requirements for first-time college students.
- Applicants who have not completed high school or earned a GED are not eligible for admission to credit courses at Shelton State. Please contact our adult education department by clicking here.
- Students who transfer from another college must request official transcripts from each previous college in addition to providing a final high school transcript or GED certificate. Applicants who have completed a baccalaureate degree or higher and do not plan to pursue a degree at Shelton State are only required to submit an official transcript from the institution granting the highest degree. Click the following link for admission requirements for transfer students.
- Students who intend to remain at Shelton State for only a single term may enroll as transient (rather than transfer) students. Click the following link for admission requirements for transient students.
- High school students who are enrolling through Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit or Accelerated High School status must meet all eligibility requirements defined in the High School Students section. Click the following link for admission requirements for high school dual enrollment.
NOTE: Male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 must document that he has registered with the U.S. Selective Service System in accordance with section 36-26- 15.1 of The Code of Alabama of 1974 (as amended).