Individuals interested in applying to Shelton State Community College may take the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER placement test at approved testing sites nationwide. Next-Generation ACCUPLACER remote testing allows students to complete their Next-Generation ACCUPLACER placement exam quickly and conveniently at certified testing centers. This service is ideal for two particular types of students: the non-local SSCC student currently living some distance away from Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and the local non-SSCC student.
Non-local SSCC Student – This individual wishes to be a SSCC student, but is currently not living in the Tuscaloosa, Alabama, area. SSCC students with distance, travel, or scheduling concerns are encouraged to use the remote testing service. For distance students interested in taking Next-Generation ACCUPLACER placement test(s) at a remote test site, advance registration with the Testing and Assessment Office at SSCC is required. To start the registration process for a remote test site, please proceed with the following steps:
- Application for admission to SSCC must be submitted before the scheduled remote testing session. You will receive your SSCC student ID information when you complete your admission application. To submit an online application for admission, visit Shelton State Community College Office of Admissions website.
- Contact SSCC Testing & Assessment at email@example.com to request a remote test. Include a daytime phone number in the email. A representative from Testing & Assessment will contact the student to complete the registration process.
- Within twenty-four hours or one business day (excluding weekends and holidays), you will receive an email from the College Board Next-Generation ACCUPLACER exam with your registration number and instructions for contacting your selected test center for an appointment. The following information will be included in the email:
- Your assigned registration number needed to register for the test will be included. The registration number is valid for forty-five days after the registration date.
- Instructions and contact information for scheduling your testing appointment will be included. You are responsible for making your own appointment.
- If applicable, fee information will be noted in the email. You are responsible for paying any fees for testing.
- The selected testing center instructions, policies, and procedures will be detailed in the email.
- Print the email, and take it to your appointment.
- For admittance to the testing site, you must bring a print copy of your email registration, photo ID, and any additional materials as requested by the remote test center.
Local non-SSCC Student: Shelton State Community College is an Next-Generation ACCUPLACER remote testing site for other institutions requiring students to complete the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER placement test.
Contact your institution to determine if a remote test at Shelton State Community College can be scheduled; questions may be directed to 205.391.2231.
- Once your institution sets up this test, you will receive an email outlining your next steps.
- To schedule your Next-Generation ACCUPLACER session, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A $30 fee must be paid in the SSCC Cashier’s Office prior to the testing session. You must bring your receipt of payment to the testing session.
SSCC will not release any placement scores over the phone. SSCC students testing at a remote test center location should receive a copy of their scores immediately upon completion of the exam. However, if the selected remote testing center location has a policy against providing a copy of the scores, the student can contact email@example.com, and a copy will be mailed.
Non-SSCC students testing at Shelton State will receive a copy of their scores immediately upon completion of the exam, unless their institution requests that the student contact them for a copy of their scores.