Dual Enrollment
Additional Navigation


Dual enrollment for dual credit students receive college credit with Shelton State as well as with their current high school.  Students applying for dual enrollment should speak with their high school counselor to begin the process.

  • Submit the Shelton State application online.
  • Print and submit Signature/Residency page following application completion.
  • Submit an unexpired, government-issued photo ID by mail or email. In the absence of a government-issued photo ID, a certified copy of the student’s birth certificate along with a printout of the student information profile sheet from iNow, signed and dated by the high school principal, can be submitted. The profile sheet must show the student’s home address and include the student’s photo.
  • Complete the Dual Enrollment for Dual Credit Permission Form Fall, Spring, or Summer.
    • Summer 2019 and Fall 2019 Dual Enrollment Applications will be accepted March 1, 2019 – May 3, 2019The deadline has been extended to August 1, 2019.  
    • Spring 2020 Dual Enrollment Applications will be accepted October 1, 2019 – December 6, 2019.
  • Provide a copy of your current high school transcript.
  • Minimum 2.5 GPA for academic courses and a 2.0 GPA for technical courses
  • Enrolled in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
  • Courses must be at or above 100 level. Physical Education (PED) classes are not eligible for dual enrollment.
  • Meet all prerequisite requirements as listed in the SSCC Catalog. Students must submit appropriate ACT, SAT, or College placement scores.
Career Technical Education Dual Scholarship

The Alabama Community College System provides scholarship funding for specific high wage, high demand degree programs.  Students should review the list of eligible 2019-2020 Career and Technical Education Programs under CTDE to ensure their program of interest is approved.  If a student is interested in one of the eligible programs listed, they should work with the high school to complete the additional two items below.  Funding is based on availability and is not guaranteed based on application.

Students interested in the Career Technical Education Dual Enrollment Scholarship must complete the additional requirements listed below.


The additional required paperwork below must be emailed to

  • Career Assessment (ex. Kuder, CareerCruising, or other) to determine suitability
    for career pathway in career technical program. For more information, consult your high school counselor.
  • Four-year plan that clearly indicates the chosen Career Pathway
    For more information, consult your high school counselor. For career technical funds, the results of the student’s career assessment must correspond with the course(s) indicated on the Dual Credit Permission Form.


A helpful checklist for each option is below.  Be sure to submit all documents to


Additional Resources