Dean of Student Services
Dr. Fran Turner became Acting Dean of Students in the spring of 2014 after serving the College as Associate Dean of Student Support and Retention Services. Dr. Turner has over 30 years experience in education, most of which has been in the community college arena. She has served at Shelton State as a reading instructor, an advisor, the Adult Education Director and an associate dean. She embraces the opportunity to serve and supervise all student activities that are designed to complement the instructional mission of the College and enhance the student experience.
The Student Services Division coordinates the efforts of several areas, including:
- Student Services Administration
- Testing and Assessment
- Enrollment Services (Admissions, Financial Aid, Records, and Recruitment)
- Specialized Services (ADA and International compliance)
- Student Clubs, Groups and Organizations
- Adult Basic Education/GED Preparation
- Student Disciplinary Services
- Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Quality
The Division of Student Services works with all other areas and divisions of the College in an effort to provide the highest levels of support to students, faculty, staff, and the community.