If you plan to attend Shelton State Community College and are a first-time freshman, you must
register to attend a START UP
(Special Time for Advising, Registration, and Tours). At START UP
you will meet your advisor, learn important facts about Shelton State, and register for classes. A parent
session will be offered concurrently with the student advising session. Any parents that attend will be asked to join the parent session while their students enjoy an informative time with other freshman students and academic advisors.
Here is a checklist of items you need to complete before
attending your Shelton State START UP
- A complete Application for Admission
- COMPASS Assessment (if required) - To be exempt, you must have an individual sub-score of 20 or better in math, English, and reading on your ACT. It is your responsibility to verify Shelton State has received your ACT scores. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
- Tuition - If you are receiving financial aid/scholarship, you will need to have all information cleared with the Office of Financial Aid prior to START UP. You must review your financial aid information online in your myShelton account. Otherwise, your tuition payment must be by cash, Visa, American Express, Discover, or MasterCard.
- STARS Guide - If you are a transfer student, please print your guide and bring to START UP. The STARS website is http://stars.troy.edu.
Register for START UP
START Up Registration Instructions
- You must register for START UP online.You will need your student number (the “S” number) and your password is your birthday without zeros which is different from myShetlon i.e. April 18, 1977 is 4181977.
- If you arrive at a START UP and have not registered for that event, you will not be admitted to that event and will have to register to attend another day.
- Register for START UP.
We look forward to meeting you!