Federal Work-Study Information

The Federal Work-Study Program (FWS) is a Federal Program which provides part-time employment while attending school.
To apply, students must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a Shelton State Community College Application for Federal Work-Study to determine their eligibility.  To be selected for the Federal Work-Study program student must be eligible for federal financial aid (pell) and enrolled at least half time (6 hours).  The number of hours a student may work per week is determined by the available funding. The pay scale is based on the prevailing federal minimum hourly wage.  Priority is given to those applicants who apply early.   To be eligible for work-study funds, student must be in good standing with Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

Work skills and experience are also given consideration in selecting applicants for the limited positions.  Completion of this application in no way implies a promise of employment by Shelton State Community College.
The Federal Work-Study Program for the academic year 2017-18 will begin approximately two weeks after the first day of fall 2017.

FWS Information  Authorization  Non-Work-Study 
Steps to Applying
Students interested in applying for a FWS position should first complete a Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine financial need.
Once eligibility is established, a Work-Study application should be submitted to the Office of Enrollment Services.
Applicants' schedules that meet the requirements of an available position will be chosen by the college department supervisor who is seeking a work-study student for an interview.

SSCC Students eligible for the Federal Work-Study Program may download an application form from this Web site. To be eligible, you must have a Financial Aid Award Notification for the current academic year.
Job Duties and Responsibilities

Not Work-Study eligible but still need a job? Contact, SSCC Career Center located at 9500 Old Greensboro Rd, Tuscaloosa, Alabama in the Work Force Development Center on the Martin Campus.  Call the Shelton State Career Center at 205.391.2204.