Shelton State Community College
All students who receive VA Educational Benefits must do the following in order to have their enrollment verified to the Department of Veterans Affairs:
- Must have a complete Admissions file. For transfer students, prior credit has to be evaluated before submission of enrollment to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Must pay for all classes registered, except those students who are CH 33.
- CH 33 students must submit the VA enrollment certification request to the Veterans Information Center in order to have their payments applied. If a CH 33 student registers for courses and fails to submit the request, the schedule will be dropped on the next scheduled “payment due date.”
- Must complete the VA Enrollment Certification Request Form and submit to the Veterans Information Center for approval. This form requires student’s signature.
- Must ensure all courses registered are included in current degree plan.
- If a student plans to withdraw from a course, student must complete another enrollment certification request form reflecting the change and submit updated form to the Veterans Information Center.
- If a student’s program of study is a certificate program, that student is required to attend 85% of each course in that program. Once a student’s attendance falls below 85%, your enrollment certification to the Department of Veterans Affairs will be changed to reflect “unsatisfactory attendance” in that course. This change can occur even if the student is currently passing the course.
- Once a student has successfully submitted the VA Enrollment Certification Request Form to the Veterans Information Center, your enrollment will be certified to the Department of Veterans Affairs within 24 hours.
- CH 33 students who submit the enrollment certification request to the Veterans Information Center to have payment applied will have payment applied by close of business of the day the form was submitted.
For any other questions concerning this certification process please contact the Veterans Information Center, email@example.com or 391.2383.