To apply for Summer 2016 using the 2015-2016 FAFSA and 2014 federal tax information.
To apply for Fall 2016 using the 2016-2017 FAFSA and 2015 federal tax information.
Failure to complete your file by the priority deadline will delay the award process.
If documents are received after the deadline they will be processed on a first come, first serve basis. The average processing time is two weeks. It is your responsibility to know all deadlines.
How to Obtain a Free Tax Return Transcript from the IRS
If your FAFSA is selected for verification and you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval option or you changed the IRS data, you will be required to request a tax transcript from the IRS.
Personal copies of tax returns are no longer be accepted.
There are two ways to request your tax transcript: by phone or online. Make sure you request a Tax Transcript; do not request a Tax Account Transcript or Record of Account because they cannot be used for financial aid verification purposes.
To order by phone: Call the IRS at 1.800.829.1040 and then select the following prompts:
- · Option 2 (Personal Income Taxes)
- · Option 1 (Tax History)
- · Option 2 (Tax Return Transcript)
- · Enter & verify Social Security number (if joint return, both SSNs required).
- · Enter & verify number of street address.
- · Press 2 for Tax Transcript & indicate which year (i.e. 2012).
To order online: Go to www.irs.gov and then select the following:
- · Click Order a Tax Return or Account Transcript located in the left-hand column.