Accelerated High School Quick Facts

Accelerated High School Dual Enrollment - receiving credit only at Shelton State

  1. Accelerated HS Requirements
    1. Students must complete the following:
      1. Meet all admission requirements as determined by the College,
      2. Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (transcripts are not required.),
      3. Have completed the 10th grade (Students may enroll in the summer prior to entering the 11th grade.),
      4. Have written approval from principal,
      5. Meet all pre-requisite requirements including the College Placement Assessment if no ACT.
    2. The student may enroll only in courses for which high school prerequisites have been completed. (For example; a student may not take English Composition until all required high school English courses have been completed.)
  2. Accelerated HS Registration Process
    1. Application - Student completes all applicable application procedures: – 1.) Complete online application with signature page and 2.) Provide an approved photo ID in person or provide a notarized verification letter by mail.
    2. Form - Student has an Accelerated HS form or permission form completed and signed by principal. This form may be submitted by mail, fax, or in person.
    3. If needed, take our College Placement Assessment or provide appropriate ACT scores to Enrollment Services.
    4. Registration - Students must register online once all documentation and approvals have been granted.
  3. Returning Dual Credit and Accelerated HS Students

    Dually enrolled students must register online once all documentation and approvals have been granted. Accelerated HS students will have a restriction (3H) on their account preventing them from obtaining an official transcript until graduation. In addition, all dually enrolled students will have a dual enrollment attribute (DUAL) that will prevent students from registering online without the appropriate permits. This is due to the fact that permission forms are required each semester.

  4. Accelerated HS Students Converting to a First-Time Freshman

    Students must notify Enrollment Services of a change of status if they have not graduated from high school prior to attempting to register for classes. (Usually this only occurs in the spring semester when the student plans to enroll in the summer semester.)

Accelerated High School Form (For Students)