Transient Students

A visiting student who regularly attends another postsecondary institution and who seeks credit for transfer to that parent institution may be admitted to the institution as a transient student. The student must submit an application for admission and an official letter from the institution (transient letter) which certifies that the credit earned at the institution will be accepted as a part of the student's academic program.  Transient letters can be emailed to
Transient letters must be submitted for each semester the student attends Shelton State prior to registering for classes and are valid for the current semester only. Transient letters must be on file in Enrollment Services at least 48 hours prior to registration. 

 Steps to register:

  1. Complete the online Shelton State Application for Admission.
  2. Print Signature/Residency Page and submit it to Enrollment Services. Signature pages may be submitted in person, by mail, email or faxed to 205-391-3910.
  3. Present your Photo ID.  Applicants may submit the ID in person to Enrollment Services or mail/email a legible copy.
  4. Submit a transient letter to Enrollment Services (Email, fax or in person). Emails may be sent to .
  5. Once the application, signature/residency page, photo ID and transient letter have been processed, transient students will receive an email  stating that you have been cleared to web register.