Bucs Mail Sign-on Instructions
Shelton State will create a Bucs Mail account for each new student. This account will conform to the following format: first initial + last name + the last 4 digits of the student’s Banner ID @bucs.sheltonstate.edu. The test account for this document belongs to Samwise Gamgee, the gardener and stouthearted explorer with Frodo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings.
Students should use these instructions to log into their Bucs Mail accounts.
1. Go to www.sheltonstate.edu.
2. In the menu at the top of the page, students should click on “STUDENT EMAIL.”
3. On the screen that appears, click on “Bucs Mail SIGN IN.”
4. Log into the Bucs Mail system using your username and password.
5. You may see a screen similar to the one below. If so:
- Enter your password in the “Password” field.
- Choose a new password. Your new password should include at least 8 characters. Type this password in the “New Password” field.
- Retype your new password in the “Reenter password” field.
- You must select a “Security question” in case you forget your password. I strongly recommend you choose your mother’s birthplace. The other security questions may sound great, but I promise you’ll forget the correct answer in the stress induced by the realization you’ve forgotten your password. Click “I accept” to continue the setup of your Bucs Mail account.
6. You’ll have to enter additional information
on the next screen. Enter either a phone
number or an alternate email address in
case you forget your password and the
answer to your security question.
Click “Save” to complete the setup of your
Bucs Mail account.
7. Once you log into the system, set your preferred language (usually English) and time zone (usually Central).
8. You’ll now see your Inbox with your email.